2016 Annual Report
LDAC celebrated its first 12 months of operation in July 2016. LDAC's Annual Report for the year ending 30 June 2016 is available on the LDAC website.
This is LDAC's first Annual Report since it was established in June 2015. The Report covers LDAC's activities for the year, including its work with departments on legislative proposals before introduction, education and training, maintenance of the LAC Guidelines, and submissions by the External Subcommittee on Bills after introduction. It also includes LDAC's reflections on common themes and issues arising in legislative proposals and outlines its major projects for 2017.
External Subcommittee Submissions
The LDAC External Subcommittee has made submissions on seven Bills since beginning its work in February 2016:
- Resource Legislation Amendment Bill
- Kermadec Ocean Sanctuary Bill
- Wildlife (Powers) Amendment Bill
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement Amendment Bill
- Fire and Emergency New Zealand Bill
- New Zealand Intelligence and Security Bill
- Electoral Amendment Bill
- Hurunui/Kaikoura Earthquakes Emergency Relief Bill
The External Subcommittee may make submissions on Bills that LDAC has not reviewed before introduction.